Possible Allergens: Ginger, Molasses
Keywords: gluten free, gingerbread cookies, vegan gingerbread, holiday
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 31 minutes
1. Mix the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the dry ingredients, and mix on medium low speed until combined.
3. Pat the dough into two discs, and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
4. Roll the dough out to a thickness of ¼ inch.
5. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes, then place on parchment paper.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
RECIPE + INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread I used Earth Balance Soy Free
- ½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free flour blend (We use Bob Mills 1 to 1)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg